There are approximately 23 million small businesses in America, which
represents 99.7% of all employers in the country (U.S. SBA). The Small
Business Advocate Show
speaks to these entrepreneurs, the drivers of the American economy,
every day in his fast-paced and content driven program.
The audience is encouraged to email questions which Jim answers,
including sometimes on-air with the person who asked the question.
On the air since 1997, Jim conducts over 1,000 live interviews annually
with business experts, policy makers, and entrepreneurs. He has gathered
the world's largest community of small business experts, over 400 strong
and growing, called The Brain Trust.
Jim's show covers every topic related to starting and operating
a small business, including:
º Becoming a better decision-maker
º Customer loyalty: How to create and maintain it
º Networking strategies and skills
º Advertising, marketing, and branding
º Credit and collections
º How to create a competitive advantage
º Public policy issues affecting small business
And this is just the beginning!
IBM, Office Depot and Palo Alto Software sponsor the
Small Business Advocate nationally.
• Jim conducts over 1,000 live interviews annually with his Brain Trust, the world’s largest community of small business experts. Jim reaches a national radio audience, plus worldwide listeners on his Internet simulcast and archives.
• Jim is a syndicated columnist and the author of two books, Small Business Is Like a Bunch of Bananas and Three Minutes to Success, which have sold over 90,000 copies combined. He also contributes to many other publications on small business and entrepreneurship.
• Jim is the creator of the unique small business knowledgebase, AskJim.biz®.
• The U.S. Small Business Administration recognized Jim as the 2002 Small Business Journalist of the Year. He is a member of the SBA’s National Advisory Council.
• The Association of Small Business Development Centers recognized Jim with the 2008 Champion of Small Business Development Award.
• Talkers magazine recognized Jim as one of the most important talk show hosts in America.
• Fortune Small Business magazine identified Jim as one of the 30 most influential people in America representing small business interests.
• Google ranks Jim as the #1 small business expert in the world.
• As a high-energy keynote speaker, Jim talks to small business audiences about how to compete in the 21st century global marketplace, and he talks with large companies about how to speak small business as a second language.
• Jim leverages his multi-year relationships with organizations and communities that support small businesses to help corporations build their own mutually beneficial relationships with these groups to accomplish a common objective: Reaching and supporting small businesses.